Stay Connected

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Keeping a Holiday Book

Here's my Holiday Book. I bought this empty book at Target several years ago. 



Inside, I keep all the important fall and winter holiday information -- favorite recipes, fun traditions, and big goofs. And at the back of the book, there's a list of gifts given (and the year of gift) to family and friends, if those gifts are part of a set that I want to continue (so I know what I've given and what they still need).



For now, my Holiday Book keeps me organized. All my recipes are in one place. No hunting down recipes in different cookbooks. 

I can turn the preparation for a dish over to one of my kids and they know exactly where to find that recipe. 

Basically, my Holiday Book simplifies the organizational aspects of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, and allows me to have more time for the joy of the holidays.




Some day, this will get passed on to one of my kids. They can relive our family memories, laugh over funny stories, and prepare the recipes that have been handed down in our family for generations.

8 comments:

  1. I am not as organized as you are (who is), but I have something similar. However, I like to use a spiral note book with pockets in it. I keep things like receipts for this year's presents and other pending things. I usually clear out most of these things later, unless it's something I want to keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi live and learn,
      that's a really great idea, to keep the receipts in a book or folder! Mine sit in a stack on the dresser. I think I'll move them to the book, so there'll be less chance of the very one I'm wanting being lost.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea. For now, my blog will feature a few of my favourite things but I'd like to have a book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      I've been using my blog to record recipes and project directions, and such, too. It's become really handy. But I still think that I'm basically a book person. I like books, what can I say?!
      I've been enjoying your posts on the holidays, BTW.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea.
    I'm sure each of your children is hoping to be the one to inherit this family treasure. If they don't yet appreciate it they will when they have families of their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi frugal spinster,
      Thank you. And I sure hope at least one of them appreciates it in time.

      Delete

Thank you for joining the discussion today. Here at creative savv, we strive to maintain a respectful community centered around frugal living. Creative savv would like to continue to be a welcoming and safe place for discussion, and as such reserves the right to remove comments that are inappropriate for the conversation.

FOLLOW CREATIVE SAVV ON BLOGLOVIN'

Follow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be a voice that helps someone else on their frugal living journey

Are you interested in writing for creative savv?
What's your frugal story?

Do you have a favorite frugal recipe, special insight, DIY project, or tips that could make frugal living more do-able for someone else?

Creative savv is seeking new voices.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

share this post